The philosophy of Lakeview College of Nursing, affirmed by faculty, is consistent with the mission of the college. The college will be forefront to the trends in health care and committed to improving nursing as a profession by preparing competent, safe, caring professional nurses for leadership roles in the health care community.
- Professional nursing is the art and science of providing patient-centered care through collaboration with patients, their families, and the interdisciplinary health care team in a therapeutic environment.
- Nurses ensure safety and quality care delivery in responding to the dynamic educational and healthcare needs of the community by fostering socio-cultural values and respect.
- Nurses communicate and collaborate with the health care team by utilizing information management and technology to achieve positive health outcomes.
- Adult learning styles, rates of learning, learner readiness, cultural and ethnic background, and life experiences variances are inherent in the student population and are taken into consideration when planning and delivering effective teaching.
- Respect and dignity must be maintained to foster the learning environment, collegial relationship, and professional scholarship between the student and the educator.
- Student nurses are accountable for their desire to learn using commitment, initiative, and self-direction in achieving evidence-based nursing practice.
The nursing program prepares the graduate to provide, competent, and safe nursing care across the lifespan to patients and their families in a variety of settings. The goal is to provide an excellent nursing education experience. Nursing care incorporates evidence-based practice, clinical judgment, and critical thinking for safe nursing practice. The nurse graduate is equipped with nurse generalist skills, knowledge, and a foundation for continued learning and career advancement.
- Information Management & Technology
- Safety and Quality Improvement
- Health Promotion
- Patient-Centered Care
- Clinical Judgment/Evidence-Based Practice